Tuesday, May 11, 2010

88 - Chat up ENGINEER

You and the ENGINEER shuffle awkwardly. He retains his blank stare.

RHYS: So--- oh, no. That... that wasn't consensual, right?
ENG: Naw. He w's tryin' t' take mah VM.
RHYS: I know you mean VARIOUS MONIES, but give me a moment to think of other, more humorous possibilities.
ENG: A'ight.
RHYS: . . . OK. Heh. Anyway, umm...you're welcome! For the save and all. Y'all right?
ENG: M'all right.
RHYS: Great. Any idea why he was robbing you?
ENG: Naw. He w's tryin' t' take mah VM.
RHYS: Yeah, I guess it was pretty straightforward. Man. That was my first combat. How do you think I did?
ENG: A'ight.
RHYS: Just all right? Do you think you could do any better?
ENG: M'all right.
RHYS: Oh? Are you really? Why didn't you defend yourself, then? He was going to kill you!
ENG: Naw. He w's tryin' t' take mah VM.
RHYS: Well, he might have let you go, I guess. Whatever. I guess I'll go back in to talk to HEPHAESTUS.
ENG: A'ight.
RHYS: Since you're here, though, anything else I should see around town? Or where it is?
ENG: M'all right.
RHYS: A mall to the right? Got it. Thanks. See you around!

The ENGINEER nods and wanders off. Behind you, HEPHAESTUS slowly shakes his head, bewildered.

HEPH: Have you ever heard of the Turing Test, Marshal Rhys?

HEPHAESTUS goes back inside.

2 comments:

brenderlin said...

Go back inside. APOLOGIZE to HEPH for kicking down his door.

ASK him for an introduction to FIREARMS.

Also, ASK him about the TOWN.

Mike R said...

try to FIX broken door.